Choosing your Engine Management System
The proper engine management system can be key to your final build. In order to maximize the parts and accesories added to your vehicle it is important to compare software systems to your specific needs. Each engine management company is different, and the more complex or flexible the system is, the more tuning needed. If you are unsure of the software that will maximize your vehicle, be sure to ask our staff which is the right fit for you.
Engine Management Systems Quantum Performance works with:
- Cobb - Quantum Performance is a Silver Certified Cobb dealer and Pro Tuner. Cobb is a software based platform for tuning factory original ECU's in many Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen and has a specific application for the Nissan GTR. Check out our supported platforms and our Cobb QP ProTune pricing here.
- Up Rev - Quantum Performance is Wisconsin's exclusive Up Rev dealer and Pro Tuner. Up Rev works on only Nissan and Infiniti vehicles and is a software based platform for tuning and calibrating factory original ECU's. Check out our supported platforms and our UpRev ProTune pricing here.
- AEM - AEM systems range from "Piggy-back" fuel and ignition controllers, to a basic "stand-alone" style platforms which replace the vehicles factory ECM. AEM systems fit a wide variety of vehicles and applications, and also offer universal applications as well.
- Haltech - Haltech is a complete "stand-alone" style system and is very customizable. Haltech offers factory replacement ECM style systems for some Asian Import applications, but is more known for their completely customizable applications. These systems are custom built to application and are typically for very high power race applications or vehicles with engine transplants.
- MoTec - MoTec is very similar to Haltech in that they specialize only in "stand-alone" style systems. These systems however have endless possibilities for application and multi system controls. Additionally, these systems are custom built to application and are typically for very high power applications or race only vehicles.
Cobb Pro Tuning
Currently Quantum Performance offers our in house Pro Tunes for the following platforms via the Cobb Accessport. At QP we work directly with Cobb Tuning for constant training, updates, and the latest techniques on each platform regularly, helping us ensure your tune is built properly.
- Legacy GT
- Outback XT
- EVO X
- Focus RS and ST
- Fiesta ST
- Fusion (Turbo Engine Only)
Click HERE for more specific information regarding Cobb products, applications and support.
Why Choose a QP Pro Tune for your Accessport powered car?
Your QP Pro Tune is specifically calibrated to your unique setup for your desired fuel, using our state of the art Mustang Dynamometer. Each car and each setup is unique, and so is each Pro Tune. Don't expect that your car will be tuned within 20 minutes or that your tune will simply be a "Copy/Paste" tune. Utilizing our continued training, our Cobb Accesstuner Pro software, and our years of experience working with high performance platforms, we create a complete well balanced tune for each unique vehicle. Special care is taken to address each platforms strengths and weaknesses, in order to help give you the best balanced tune for the application while still maintaining as much engine longevity as possible.
- PDI* = $105
- Subaru = $500
- Pro Tune = $500
- REALTIME Pro Tune = $550
- Speed Density = $750
- Pro Tune = $900
- Pro Tune = $500
- Pro Tune =$500
- Additional Fuel Map(s) = $350 each + fuel costs (same tuning session only)
- Additional Boost Map(s) = $50 (same tuning session only)
*Pre Dyno Inspection (PDI) is mandatory for all vehicles going onto the Dynamometer, in order to ensure safety on the machine and that your setup is ready to be properly tuned.
Pricing applies to most general applications, however certain heavily modified or more advanced setups may require additional tuning time in order to properly calibrate. Please email us with vehicle info and modifications for an exact quote.
What Comes with your Subaru REALTIME Pro Tune?
A QP REALTIME Pro Tune is available for most Subaru models due to advanced Subaru ECM capabilities and the awesome engineer's at Cobb. Our QP REALTIME Pro Tunes include the following:
- Full Boost Map for your desired Octane (91/93)
- Medium Boost Map
- Low Boost Map
- Valet Map
All maps are fully tuned to your vehicle for the octane used, allowing you the option to switch between all maps in REALTIME using your Cobb Accessport. No stoping the car, shutting off the engine, or connecting plugs: this is done within seconds while running. This is great for people upgrading injectors or going fully custom with their setups, now you have not just one map but 4 fully tuned maps that you can switch between on the fly. Like running 22 psi on your STI for the track, but want 17 PSI for daily driving? No problem! Don't want your friend beating on your setup when your not around? No Problem! A quick change of your power level is now just seconds away.
Larger Builds or Custom Setups
Additional custom tunes can be added or built at an additional cost for more advanced setups; such as Race Gas or E85 fuel maps, Speed Density tuning (MAF Removed), or custom intake placement or much larger turbo designs. Please email for estimated pricing on these options, as tuning time can vary for different applications.
UpRev Pro Tunes
Currently Quantum Performance offers our in house Pro Tunes for the following Nissan and Infiniti platforms, via the UpRev engine management solutions:
- 350Z / 370Z
- Sentra SE-R
- G35 / G37 / Q50
- M35 / M45 / M56 / Q60
- FX35 /FX45 / FX50 / QX50
Don't see your car on this list? UpRev is constantly expanding their supported vehicle models and years, please email us directly to see if yours is supported or check here for further information about UpRev specific applications and services.
UpRev Pro Tune Info and Pricing
- Standard Osiris Re-Flash License = $300 (includes ECM update and installation flashing)
- ARC Osiris License = $100 (includes license update/installation flashing)
- PDI* = $105
- Typical Naturally Aspired Pro Tune** = $500
- Typical Forced Induction Pro Tune** = $750
- Additional boost maps = +$50 (For same tuning session only)
- Additional fuel maps (i.e. E85, race gas) = +$350 per fuel + fuel costs (For same tuning session only)
- ARC features = Pricing varies by application and time needed, please email for specific features desired.
* Pre Dyno Inspection (PDI) is mandatory for all vehicles going onto the Dynamometer, in order to ensure safety on the machine and that your setup is ready to be properly tuned.
** ProTune pricing applies to most general applications, however certain heavily modified or more advanced setups may require additional tuning time in order to properly calibrate. Please email us with vehicle info and modification list for a more specific estimate.
Larger Builds or Custom Setups
Additional custom tunes can be added or built at additional cost for more advanced setups; such as ARC specific features, custom intake placement or much larger turbo designs. Please email for estimated pricing on these options, as tuning time can vary for different applications.